The lamb cake is a pound cake that is made from pudding mix, cake mix, and flour. It is baked in the lamb cake mold to give it the perfect lamb shape.
What is a Lamb Cake?
A Cake is baked in the shape of a lamb and it is molded with 2 sides. It then gets decorated, frosted, and then it is served with Easter decorations. Lamb cake brings life to holidays for children and adults.
It is designed for the eater and it helps in presenting the eater’s culture. It shows Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross for humanity’s sins.
The History Behind The Lamb Cake
Jesus is called the Lamb of God. In the middle ages, the image of the lamb has been represented by a banner and pennant on a white and red background. It represents Christ.
Another thing and common thing for the lamb is the red ribbon around the neck. This red ribbon color represents Christ’s blood.
Lamb cake makes many changes at Easter. In the same way, many editions are added to the cakes as well.
There are butter lambs and these have been molded. This is the perfect treat, especially for children.
Easter Lamb Cake
Easter lamb cake is also known as agnuszek and baranek wielkanocny in polish. It is also called the eastern desert which is loved and followed by many.
Lamb cakes for Easter are baked in lamb shape. It can be decorated and it is given a lamb shape.
If anyone wants, spices can be added before adding the white eggs. Some spice choices are nutmeg, anise, and cinnamon.
Lamb Cake Recipe
Below is the step-by-step Recipe for lamb cake. It is called the delicious and beautiful centerpiece dessert.
- Lamb cake mold
- Baker’s Twine
- Flour 2 cup
- 2 and a half teaspoons of baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs with both yolk and white
- 1 cup sugar
- Vanilla extract
- ¾ cup milk
3. Frosting Ingredients
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 4-ounce cheese & cream
- Jelly beans
- Pinch of salt
- Milk as needed
- Brown, green, and pink food color
- Vanilla extract
4. Instructions For Baking A Cake
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray the coke molds from both sides with spray and then dust them with sugar.
Mix salt, baking powder, and flour in a good manner and put it aside.
Beat the sugar and cream together for 5 minutes. Make sure it gets fluffy.
Then in the other bowl beat the eggs and make them thick.
Add the yolks one by one to the sugar mixture. Make sure to mix it well until it gets fluffy. Then add vanilla extract to it.
Add dry ingredient one by one and beat them with milk if needed.
Then fold the batter into the egg white and make sure to do this gently.
Take the cake mold and add the batter to it. Place the toothpicks in it with the head, ears, and neck for extra support.
Bake it for 45 minutes.
When you feel that the cake is ready then take out the cake from the oven and cool it completely.
5. Prepare The Frosting
- Beat together the cheese and butter for one minute.
- Then add the remaining ingredient for frosting.
- Add sugar to it and beat it with speed. Make sure to make the frosting fluffy.
- Add milk if necessary and make the frosting as soft as you can.
6. Start Decorating The Cake
- Take a little amount of frosting. Add brown food color to it. Place it in the bag and then end it off with a tiny amount. Repeat the process with pink and green food colors. Set the piping bags aside to use later.
- When your cake gets cool, place a thin line of frosting on the cake. Put the cake into the cake platter or stand so you can do it easily.
- Cover the face of the lamb with frosting and provide the canvas for creating the lamb
- Create a lamb nose and mouth with a pink color. In the center of the face write J with the left face and then a left J to make the perfect pink nose
- They create lamb eyes. Make 2 half circles and then add lashes through the piping bag. If any mess is created around the face then clean it up with the toothpick.
- And yes your Easter lamb cake is all ready to serve. Enjoy.
Other Delicious Cakes:
FAQs Regarding Lamb Cake
How to make a lamb cake?
Making a lamb cake is quite easy. First, have a look at the recipe as it is a special recipe.
It requires time and hard work but it is worth it. If you are looking for a step to step guide then this article is best for you.
Try the recipe by following step by step process and see what a fantastic cake you will get.
How to make a lamb cake for Easter?
Celebrate Easter by baking lamb cake. This cake is made perfectly using a lamb cake mold.
Decorate and bake the lamb cake with the simplest step-by-step recipe that is provided above.
How to make a lamb cake with mold?
Firstly you will have to take two-sided molds that are provided with the back and front half of the lamb shape.
Take the lamb cake mold and add the batter to it. Place the toothpicks in it with the head, ears, and neck for extra support.
How to decorate a lamb cake?
You can use any frosting for this cake. Use your favorite brand of frosting and make a simple glaze for the lighter cake. To help the lam stand up, put the frosting on the plate where you are keeping your cake. Then place it on top of the frosting.
Lamb cakes are a sign of spring. These cakes have been the trend of eastern celebration for decades.
Making lamb cake is very easy. You just have to follow step by step guide and tips and tricks to make the perfect cake by using the cake molds.
Decorate the cake with whatever look you want and it will give you cute vibes.
I am Abella George, a professional baker who loves to visit bakeries and review their products. I aim to help people by sharing my findings. Baking is something that I love doing, and I enjoy visiting bakeries on a daily basis to see what new products they have in store. On this website.
Lamb Cake Recipe
Create a delightful and charming lamb cake for Easter or any special occasion. This homemade cake is moist, tender, and infused with vanilla and almond flavors. Decorate with fluffy buttercream frosting, coconut shreds for wool, and adorable edible decorations. Impress your guests with this whimsical and delicious centerpiece that will leave lasting memories.
Type: 12 Serving
Keywords: Lamb cake recipe, Lamb cake ingredients, lamb cake instructions
Recipe Yield: 1 cake
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 1 hr
Total Time: 1 hr 30 mins
- vegetable oil, as needed 2 ¼ cups cake flour 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder ½ teaspoon salt 1 ¼ cups white sugar ½ cup unsalted butter, softened 1 cup milk 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 4 egg whites